Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kids on the Run

I hope this orange doesn't get old. I think I like it a lot.

So reading over my last post it does seem a bit... breathless, I guess. I think the part of it that I would recant, if I could, is the underlying assumption that the end of my growth process will look like I think it will. Meaning this: I was kind of bartering with God still, thinking that if I devote myself to this growth process, he will give me that thing I pine for. Pine is a strong word, but I use it purposefully. Funny, isn't it? I always think I'm being so mature.

In other news: I am officially moving home for the summer, to figure out where the wind will take me. I am so excited to rest and enjoy being home. The two options I am considering for fall are 1) stay in Asheville and pursue a doctorate in Rehabilitation Counseling online under my current department chair, who wants to incorporate a lot of complementary and alternative medical approaches in the curriculum (!!), or 2) move to Knoxville with the intention of getting a doctorate in Counseling Psychology, and bring the CAM approaches with me. Both options have their pros and cons, but I am happy to report that I have time to sit on this decision! It is nice to have the space to consider each one - I am looking forward to the process.

[Title: The Tallest Man on Earth]

No comments: