Sunday, February 6, 2011

You've been dreaming

Alright, it's been a few months.

I am here, I am doing well. But let me qualify "well": I am in the throes of a tremendous growth process. Surely, surely, this is the one that will get me there. I'll be done maturing after this time right?

I'm learning to rest and lean on God for everything. And this is using the word "everything" in the most comprehensive and frustrating (as per my pride) way.

It is possible that I'm just being melodramatic, but this really feels like a big deal. Like this is one of the most profound lessons I will ever learn. Truthfully, I've been learning it my whole life, but this feels a lot like culmination. I realize I'm only 23, I'm just telling you what I feel like. And I guess what it feels like, really, is that I'm getting ready to move on to the next phase of my life (the one involving career, a settled lifestyle and personality, and hopefully family) and I am being prepared for it.

To be on the cusp of something great! And that I don't get in my own way by daydreaming or resisting or throwing toddler-style emotional tantrums. Internally of course - I'm way too poised for the alternative.

Ha. Haha. Right :)

No comments: